Thursday, September 14, 2006

It's a goddamned lie

I'm a voracious reader. And I don't read much fiction. I read histories mostly. I don't consider myself a speed reader, but I'm no slouch. I've never sat down and figured out how much I read, but I'm pretty confident I spend at least an hour a day reading a book. For years it has been what I do when I lay down for the night, I read for an hour, or until I become tired. I would guess, I read about 20 to 30 books a year. Reading a book means at least beginning with the narrative and reading it through to the narrative's end. I admit, sometimes I skip the forward.

Bush is claiming to read the same types of works I do, not exactly the same, but similar and that he has read 60 so far this year. I've never bought this, and I've mocked it. For some bizarre reason Evan Thomas seems to just accept this as true.

Again, NO...FUCKING...WAY

First of all, look at him. He is not a smart man. I'm sorry, he may be successful, but he's hardly self-made -- and repeating, Bush is not smart. Obviously, he isn't as dumb as I portray him in my parodies. But not smart. Not smart, smart he isn't. Again, not smart.

No comments: