Friday, October 13, 2006

The World is worse without Saddam...

Forget the fact that he was a check on Iran and their "members only jacket" conspiracy...Billmon shows in stark reality of how it is the sad case.


Or, if you prefer to use more "conservative" estimates for both:

Saddam: 31,250 deaths a year (750,000 divided by 24)

Cheney Administration: 87,500 deaths a year (350,000 divided by four)

But that makes the comparison look even worse...

...The moral of the story, I guess, is that you don't need to be an inhuman monster to cause an inhuman amount of death, destruction and suffering. You don't even need evil -- ignorance and arrogance and incompetence can manage the job quite nicely. But, as I've said before, it does requires a rare combination of those qualities to take a situation like Saddam's Iraq and make it worse.

There I said it, and I mean it. I'll say it again...

THE WORLD IS WORSE WITHOUT SADDAM

I'm not much of a fan of bloodthirsty despots, but there you have it. The least worst of the choices.

Were but I a blogger that truly mattered why I'd give Michelle Malkin 'the vapahs', once she had someone else do the math for her.

No comments: