Friday, February 02, 2007

Goodbye Molly



It is with no small amount of sadness that I wanted to comment on the passing of Molly Ivans. Whether the reader always agreed with her unique Texas homespun commentary (little forced to me but I am not from Texas so what the hell do I know), she was always willing to call Bush most appropriately what he was, a shrub. Yup, he never got very far or high (unless we're talking about the powder) and she called him what he was and is -- insignificant.

In this day of a cowed media, a virtually worthless press, and bland "aren't I pretty" commentators and so-called newspeople (I'm looking at you Anderson Cooper), she was always a breath of political fresh air.

Molly did not try to sound erudite to sound erudite, she called politicians to the carpet time and time again. And she did not back away from attacking the follies (way too many to mention) of the Bush-Cheney regime.

So, for that alone, she will be missed. I could go on but others have put it far better than I.

Thanks Molly. And if you can send a little divine intervention our way, I know a lot us down here sure could use it.

No comments: