Monday, February 12, 2007

Oh, how I miss

Not being able to put this up before it was four days old. Jo Fish noticed early this morning (or late last night).

Like most people, I am morbidly fascinated with the Food Network. I don't claim to be a great cook, I'm not. But there is an appealing voyeurism in my at the sheer vacuity and maliciousness of the network that I'm not professionally qualified to really point out.

However, one of its survivors is, Anthony Bourdain who is really the epitome of New Yorkese snark, male chef division (I have to give props to the inimitable Watertiger in the female division [let alone its Pastry Chef subdivision] don't I?)

Bourdain laid into the Food Network and some of its "celebrities" on a blog last week and I only found out about it now, it's delicious. Any articulated non-physical throttling of Rachel Ray is more likely to get a link from me.

No comments: