Monday, May 21, 2007

"You can get rich or you can get elected.”

Actually, I think Ed Koch is wrong about that, but the rest of this NYMag Intelligencer item is interesting:
The secretive [Houston-based Bracewell & Giuliani law] firm also reps scandal-plagued Tom DeLay, Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp., and Citgo, the oil company controlled by Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez. Barely a year after the Dubai Port World’s deal to take over U.S. ports was scotched over security fears, the firm is also planning to open an office in Dubai. Ed Koch, no friend of Giuliani’s, is quick to predict it’s a problem. “You’re vulnerable when you are receiving income from a firm that’s lobbying for a company that’s perceived as damaging our civilization. You can get rich or you can get elected.”
I'd rather see Rudy in Dubai than the White House. And God knows graspy little Judy Nathan would just loooooooove Dubai. After all, the place is crawling with rich guys to keep her in the tiaras she loves, and as dogs are not highly thought of in Arab culture, there won't be too many around for her to kill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Normally I don't learn article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice article.
Here is my web blog ... currency trading for dummies