Thursday, December 13, 2007

Giuliani Time!

I can't remember if I've mentioned Paul Slansky before (and I'm too lazy to search the archives). Slansky wrote a terrific book called The Clothes Have No Emperor: A Chronicle of the American '80s, a day-by-day account of the mendacity, idiocy, and criminality that was the Reagan presidency. I remember buying ten copies to give to friends when it was published in 1989. (Keep this to yourself, but I think I'm going to send one to Dr. Atta J. Turk for Festivus.)

I sure hope that Slansky gives BushCo™ The Clothes Have No Emperor treatment. But in the meanwhile, he writes for the HuffPo (among other venues) and contribute these great quizzes to the New Yorker. This week's quiz, which examines "America's Mayor" in all his glamorous glory, is, happily, online. Go take it now. Your TPS reports can wait.

No comments: