Friday, June 11, 2010

Good luck with that

Tbogg's taking a vacation:

I’ve been doing this for long long time on an almost daily basis at both my old place and here at FDL and I have now reached the point of flame-out, melt-down, unrecognizable charred husk of my former self. There are not too many days when I don’t get up thinking that it’s time to hang up the ol’ keyboard and maybe do something more meaningful like a start up a boyband. So, with the blessings of my gracious hosts, I have decided to take a break for about three weeks plus change, and step completely away from the computer and get caught up on my reading, watch some movies, take long walks on the beach, maybe try out some new moves on mrs TBogg, and see if I can’t reboot myself because, to be honest, I’m kind of tired of my act.


Best wishes and well-deserved, of course.

I've been doing this, not as long, but long enough -- six years and three months. Apparently the secret is to just keep typing shit long after you've exhausted all of your original material. So, that's six years and two months, three weeks for me. But hey, at least I had seven days, that's 168 hours of quality Jonah Goldberg never had.

So no long vacation, just the usual low-standards from me to continue unabated.

8 comments:

StonyPillow said...

It was "Turk! Turk! Turk!
You 'eathen, are you fritzing off at work?
You put some juldee in it,
Or I'll marrow you this minute,
If you don't fill up our blog page, Atta Turk!"

donnah said...

I'm a Turk Lurker. Please do not go on a sabbatical like TBogg. I have you two back-to-back on my bookmark list and two empty spots would be very hard to fill.

Because yes, it's all about me.

guessed said...

good, it's time to take a vacation when you're chiding the grassroots for expecting the party to live up to its own principles.

Athenawise said...

[In my best "Shane" voice] ATTA! ATTA! COME BACK! ATTA, COME BACK!

That'll tug at your heartstrings so you'll think hard about stopping. We'd be lost without you, kiddo.

Major Woody said...

So no long vacation, just the usual low-standards from me to continue unabated.

We come here for the low standards, Attaturk!

Anonymous said...

"Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a terrific slouch!"

Anonymous said...

Six plus years? Didn't it take that long for Goldberg to crap out his magnum goofus? You've had more transcendent moments.

parsec

Anonymous said...

Its the aura of mystery about the turk that I find so enticing. What made attaturk tick? He is not a turk at all, from what I gather. Now I wonder, is he a judge?
No wonder he keeps his idendity shrouded.. fair and balanced all the while.
vox