Wednesday, August 01, 2012

An assortment of awesome quotes

From Gore Vidal:
"It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail."

"A narcissist is someone better looking than you are."

"Fifty percent of people won't vote, and fifty percent don't read newspapers. I hope it's the same fifty percent."

"The genius of our ruling class is that it has kept a majority of the people from ever questioning the inequity of a system where most people drudge along, paying heavy taxes for which they get nothing in return"

"The more money an American accumulates, the less interesting he becomes."

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so."

"Congress no longer declares war or makes budgets. So that's the end of the constitution as a working machine." "

We should stop going around babbling about how we're the greatest democracy on earth, when we're not even a democracy. We are a sort of militarised republic."

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise."

2 comments:

jimmiraybob said...

Gore Vidal - "Beneath my cold exterior, once you break the ice, you find cold water."

Mitt Romney (R-Anglo-Saxon Investors) - "Beneath my cold exterior, once you break the ice, kiss my ass, that's what. Ya peasants. No, I don't pay any taxes, now get back to tending my hay fields. And, it's Lord Mitt Romney (R-Bibi's Lap Puppet) to you. Now shove it."

pansypoo said...

gore will be missed.