Saturday, January 08, 2005

Falling Up, A Right Wing Hacks Story

I really must give a kudo to Steve Gilliard, who in the midst of a fund drive for his excellent and pugnacious blog, has managed to sink his teeth so deeply into the Armstrong Williams issue he has managed to turn the intersection of Drivel Street & Pablum Avenue inside out, driving up traffic, and no doubt donations.

For example the bad fruit of Lucianne Goldberg's prohibitively opened loins managed to call African American Steve Gilliard a racist for the latter's strong (and deserved criticism) of Armstrong Williams.

I'm a putzy white guy in fly-over country 'Murica, but I have managed to figure out some of the general rules of society without it affecting me terribly. African Americans are allowed to use the "N" word derisively. Other people are not. I have absolutely no problem with this "rule of thumb" and I have never really had any problem living within its broad general confines.

But the hilarious thing about Goldberg is, he assumed that Gilliard must be white...as if he just naturally thought a black guy cannot have his own stinking blog. You'll see it in these two posts:

CALL ME CRAZY .... [Jonah Goldberg ]

But I think this guy's post about Armstrong Williams is flat-out racist, and it's not like I throw that around lightly.


The post was this one.

And then, this morning, this post:

RE: CALL ME CRAZY [Jonah Goldberg]
Readers are telling me this guy is black.


Damn, those crazy black people learning to read and write and stuff. How common, he wonders, is this problem?

I believe a common term would be BUSTED!

Anyhoo, that whole thing led me to notice this other "breaking" news item. Apparently, Kate O'Beirne's dental abnormalities, and bitter chinless screeds upon CNN are not going to limit her ability to incompetently fall upward into the higher echelons of media hackery.

Champollion will undoubtedly be thrilled to know this:

KATE O'BEIRNE [NRO Staff]
will be on Meet the Press Sunday, fyi.


Oh, joy!



No comments: