Friday, July 15, 2005

But most of all, I'll miss the graft

I admit, I've left the saga of "Duke" Cunningham to Josh Marshall. By the way, wasn't that Richie's brother that sort of disappeared after season 1 of Happy Days?

But it appears that it finally has had a consequence:

Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham (R-Calif.), a Vietnam War fighter pilot whose house was raided by the FBI this month in an investigation of his ties to a defense contractor, announced yesterday that he will not seek reelection but will serve out his term.

"I learned in Vietnam that no one person is more important than the mission, and I do not intend to forget that lesson now," the eight-term House member said in San Marcos, Calif.


Oh, he didn't say it from the Dukestir? His little free luxury yacht (although it was christened 'Throat Warbler Mangrove').

Bon voyage scumbag, enjoy Leavenworth, make sure to get yourself a little flag to wave.

No comments: