Monday, October 10, 2005

Naturally, not reported in THIS country

Your Bush War on Terror Americans in close up:

Barely a week ago I had received a glowing evaluation for my work as the US army’s Muslim chaplain among the “Gitmo” prisoners. Now I was the one in chains.

It was my turn to be humiliated every time I was taken to have a shower. Naked, I had to run my hands through my hair to show that I was not concealing a weapon in it. Then mouth open, tongue up, down, nothing inside. Right arm up, nothing in my armpit. Left arm up. Lift the right testicle, nothing hidden. Lift the left. Turn around, bend over, spread your buttocks, knowing a camera was displaying my naked image as male and female guards watched.

It didn’t matter that I was an army captain, a graduate of West Point, the elite US military academy. It didn’t matter that my religious beliefs prohibited me from being fully naked in front of strangers. It didn’t matter that I hadn’t been charged with a crime. It didn’t matter that my wife and daughter had no idea where I was. And it certainly didn’t matter that I was a loyal American citizen and, above all, innocent.

I was accused of mutiny and sedition, aiding the enemy and espionage, all of which carried the death penalty. I was regarded as a traitor to the army and my country. This was all blatantly untrue — as would be proved when, after a long fight, all the charges against me were dropped and I won an honourable discharge from the army.

I knew why I had been arrested: it was because I am a Muslim. I was just the latest victim of the hostility born the moment when the planes flew into the twin towers and the Pentagon on September 11, 2001.


Michelle Malkin undoubtedly soiled more than one pair of panties reading this article which is far more extensive than this excerpt, including a look inside GITMO and who is running it. Please read it.

Oh, by the way, why did he get accused?

My real “crime” had been that I had tried to ensure that the suspected Taliban and Al-Qaeda fighters detained in the Gitmo cages were given every opportunity to practise their religion freely, one of the most fundamental of American ideals.


And why, further, have we heard essentially nothing about the injustices imposed on Mr. Yee in this country?

Crimes are being perpetrated by this Administration at every juncture. Because Mr. Yee was an American Citizen he was actually able to get representation -- something we know the Bush Administration has done its best to deny, in even the more insignificant fashion to the majority of detainees around the world.

These crimes, by this crew, are imposed on each and every one of us in this nation.

It is our shame -- even those of us who try to fight against this crew in some fasion -- but our media, will not even give us a hint of it. When it all goes to shit ... rather, as it all goes to shit, many people will be completely in the dark as to why. Like some germans sixty plus years ago, we can know if we really want to know, but will we try to know? For many americans, with the help of basic information sources, the answer is "NO".

No comments: