Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mr. Mel goes to Apology Town

At the risk of once again being Mr. Obvious, I note that the New York Times reports today that Mel Gibson meant every word of it. Despite this scientific evidence of behavior under the influence of alcohol, Gibson's movie buddies are spreading shiny Hollywood tinsel all over the incident.

See for instance this report from USA Today and this one from the San Francisco Chronicle in which high profile movie stars beg us to ignore the obvious about Mel. I wonder if working with someone for a month or two really qualifies you as knowing what is in someone's heart?

And, come on people... who is a better judge of character than actors and others in the film business. I mean the film business is synonmous with integrity and honor, am I right?

I could rock on sarcastically but you get the idea.

No comments: