Saturday, May 05, 2007

I Don't Want Everything. Where Would I Put It?

Atrios linked to this Wingnut Street Journal piece about the way "Girls Gone Wild" exploits the little hellion who may not consider, say, the hiring partner who will be able to evaluate her breasts in addition to her con law grade when she applies for a job at a white shoe law firm a few years down the road, all thanks to the convergence of the internets, eighteen-year-old judgment, and jailbird Joe Francis.

Anyway, clicking through to Ezra Klein, I came to this LA Times profile of the show's illustrious creator, wherein we meet eighteen-year-old heartland resident Kaitlyn Bultema:
She's dancing on a podium and leaps off at the sight of Francis. She's wearing a skirt-and-shirt ensemble that exposes her stomach, most of her breasts and much of her bottom. I ask her why she wants to appear on "Girls Gone Wild" and she looks me in the eye and says, "I want everybody to see me because I'm hot."

..."Most guys want to have sex with me and maybe I could meet one new guy, but if I get filmed everyone could see me," Bultema says. "If you do this, you might get noticed by somebody—to be an actress or a model."

I ask her why she wants to get noticed. "You want people to say, 'Hey, I saw you.' Everybody wants to be famous in some way. Getting famous will get me anything I want. If I walk into somebody's house and said, 'Give me this,' I could have it."
If this is the way little Kaitlyn thinks, she's got bigger problems than having her breasts beamed across the internets.

No comments: