Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Well, I'm glad we can be clear on that

This is quite good to know. Last week when pressed on whether or not the NSA was reading American's emails Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told Senator Wyden that the NSA doesn't do so. Meanwhile, in a few days later reality Clapper said:
"I responded in what I thought was the most truthful, or least untruthful, manner by saying 'no,'" Clapper told NBC News on Sunday.
Comforting to be sure. [cross-posted at Firedoglake]

5 comments:

Montag said...

That's getting perilously close to Nixon's "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Anonymous said...

Orwellian doublespeak EPITOMIZED: FIRE this Crapper NOW; and his supremely duplicitous Company tiny turlitzer DESPOTUS Overseer,
Zer0bama!

P J said...

He admitted to having taken a couple naughty peeks but felt dirty so he stopped. Honest.

pansypoo said...

where was this kerfuffle in 2006 when georgee did this w/ no warrant?

WallytheWineGuy said...

And now progressive Senator Franken says he knew and it was okay because it was effective in preventing terrorism. We have new standards, apparently. It doesn't have to be legal, just effective. Now I understand waterboarding, Guantanamo, execution by drone, the Iraq war and so much more. Thank you, Senator Franken. We're glad Vice President Cheney left you some small shreds of The Constitution on the roll so you could wipe your ass with them, too. Yes, yes, Bush, blah, blah, blah. But I opposed Bush, unlike Obama, whom I knocked on doors in below zero weather for. Gave speeches for. Sent money to. We have to hold our own accountable.