Friday, August 16, 2013

That's how you capitulate

Well, thank goodness the International Olympic Committee has shown us the bravery we've come to know them for.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) reiterated yesterday that it would ban any Olympic athlete guilty of spreading “propaganda” at the 2014 Winter Olympics to be held in Sochi, Russia next February. Using the same unfortunate language that is in Russia’s draconian new anti-gay/anti-trans “propaganda” law, the IOC appeared to stand by the decision, reported earlier this week, to ban the LGBT Pride House at this year’s Olympics.
So I hope every athlete during the parade of nations comes out, well at least comes out in a rainbow flag. Try banning everybody you Avery Brundage Legacies.

[cross-posted at Firedoglake]

5 comments:

StonyPillow said...

A $50 billion party to celebrate the engagement of a gangster kleptocrat to a 30 year old rhythmic gymnast? Wouldn’t miss it for the world.

And it’s BYOS? Of course I’ll bring my own snow with me.

StonyPillow said...

Why would any country bid on a flaming bag of Olympic Movement to set on their front porch? I'd pay to make someone else take it.

Ebon Krieg said...

I started my boycott with Jimmy in 1980 and I haven't regretted it since.

Athenawise said...

I'm with the commenters here. The Olympics have become nothing more than an expensive excuse for jingoism. Haven't paid attention to them for more than 30 years.

pansypoo said...

i think the nazi games is a clue how PC the Olympics are.