Monday, July 14, 2008

New Yorker Cover

I don't know about you but I think the New Yorker needs to hire our very own Dr. Atta J. Turk - illustrator extraordinare - to do what certainly must be the cover parodying McCain since they now have a "parody" cover of Obama.  Because the editorial staff at the New Yorker will not want to appear partisan or anything so simple as jumping on a bandwagon.

Personally if I was going to do a parody cover, I would have went with either Shaft or Superfly -- let's make fun of the rampant racism in this country -- because in the end, how is something satire if its what some people are saying?  Satire is exaggeration not a true reflection and furthering of the right-wing attacks.  Parody is not silent condoning the meaningless attacks of the right-wing whack-a-doodles. 

But hey, I don't write for the New Yorker so I suppose the argument is that I don't understand or appreciate satire.  Of course, I have two words for the New Yorker on this and they are not happy birthday.  Is that satire?  Nope, but it feels good.

(And yeah, I know there are some terrific reporters and writers at the New Yorker, but I do have problem with the Obama cover). 

Our own Blog Boy Atta would be perfect for this work.  Just think of all the great visuals he has done over the past year here on this lil' ol' Blog.  Hey, as the person nominating Atta for this, I expect a 10% finders fee.

So, I think we should all write in to The New Yorker and demand some current parodies of Bush, Cheney, and especially McCain, and more.  Besides parody does not know partisan divide, right?

No comments: