Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Kudos

I love good writing using historical analogies...I especially enjoy it when I run across a post I wish I would have written.

Kidding on the Square writes such a post today. Here is an excerpt of "real" courage compared to "faux, er, FoxNews" courage:

Stop and think about this. Washington hears the sound of New York under attack, so he mounts his horse to ride to the scene. George W. Bush, on the other hand, hears word that New York is under attack and he reads My Pet Goat for seven minutes, and then, after gathering his thoughts, jumps on Air Force One to fly at warp speed in the opposite direction, as far away from New York as he can get. Of course, Congress had appointed Washington as Commander-in-Chief in 1775, and Bush was … well, the Supreme Court appointed him Commander-in-Chief.


Highly recommended. It is a great read and great research.

No comments: