Monday, February 21, 2005

What a Quaint World He Inhabits

The news of these secret tapes isn't all that shocking in what they reveal. Aside from the betrayal evidenced by a friend secretly recording conversations in which advice is sought and granted, there just isn't much to this. Except of course for one thing.

Bush still inhabits a world of hero worship and the cult of the personality. You can see him dreaming that one day his cheesy glossy hangs in the front of the classroom and under the American flag. Right next to George Washington.

"I don't want any kid doing what I tried to do 30 years ago," Bush said in recordings made when he was governor of Texas and aired Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America." "And I mean that. It doesn't matter if it's LSD, cocaine, pot, any of those things, because if I answer one, then there will be another one. And I just am not going to answer those questions. And it may cost me the election."


I know the first thing I thought of when I was passed my first joint is "what would the President want me to do?" I know all those abstinence only folks raising sex obsessed and dysfunctional kids are telling them "the President and Laura waited." I know that today I really enjoy lima beans because I was told that "Nixon just loves 'em!"

Yep, in his world everyone wants to be just like him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ιts like yοu read mу minԁ! You sеem tο know
a lot about this, liκe you wrotе the book in it oг
something. I think that you cаn dо with a fеw pics tο ԁrive the meѕѕage home a little bit, but other than
that, this is fantаstіc blog. A great read.
I'll certainly be back.

Have a look at my website ... New Bingo Sites