Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Pleasure of his Company

Yesterday, I made the unfortunate Blogger strategic error of getting in an email exchange with a conservative about Cole vs. Goldberg. Not that I'm embarrassed about what I wrote, but it's a waste of time.

The conservative proceeded to write to me, and write to me, and write to me. I initially responded to him that his particular demand that I apologize for laying out just why Jonah, son of Lucianne, was a complete and utter douchebag was erroneous. Naturally, he had supported this demand by taking a position that had nothing to do with why, in laying out his argument for not serving, as a younger man, in a war he so stridently advocates (and advocates) Goldberg is a big sack o' puss.

I get soooooo many emails from people here at the colossus of a blog that we have...I get literally, "emails" each day that it is hard to take the time to respond to them.

There's plenty of other stuff that comes when your blog starts to attract a steady base of readers. You start to get swag: the sex (often videotaped and ebayed); the drugs (including a complimentary "my little meth lab" starter kit); the Conde Nast subscriptions, and for the right-wing blogger, the "ethnic" from an indeterminate central american nation that you never inquire about (they just refer to them as being from "Guatanduricadorize"). One gets so busy with the free stuff, you do not have time for the constant email exchanges of readers.

So I do try to answer most of my emails...well actually read them.

Anyway now back to the blogging and blogwhoring.

No comments: