Friday, October 14, 2005

Embarrassed for him

Bush's badly staged teleconference with troops in Iraq was about as embarassing as possible. I felt bad for the 10 American soldiers, I even felt a little bad for Bush. Bush has always looked bad to me at things like this, though I realize I was in the minority until recently on this.

But the one I really felt bad for was the Iraqi soldier, who had to battle not only a satellite delay, but also the english language and the fact he was the only non-white person in the scene.

Yet, it got even more embarrassing:

The president also got praise from the Iraqi soldier who was part of the chat.

"Thank you very much for everything," he gushed. "I like you."


Could there have been a moment that would have made him look more like "Gunga Din"? In the alternative, it also brought back memories of "Mahir" the speedo wearing, ping pong playing, "I Kiss You" guy.

No comments: