Thursday, April 16, 2009

Well, that's rare -- I'm topical

Two days ago I published my plan supporting Texas Governor Rick Perry's plan to entice all right-wing blowhards to go to the LoneStar State whereupon the rest of us would cut Texas loose and send it back to Mexico in Operation Rapturous Dobbs.

(this would also invalidate the "Hail Mary" play in which the Dallas Cowboys defeated the Vikings in the 1975 playoffs, not that I would care)

Well, it looks like Rick Perry's falling into my cleverly hidden trap (carefully hidden in that I had nothing to do with it, I'm just incredibly clever that way)

He told the crowd he didn’t believe they were all “right-wing extremists,” as others had sought to portray them. “But if you are, I’m with you!” he shouted. After, he told reporters that Texas might have to secede from the union


In the good ol' days of aught 3 or aught 4 this kind of talk from a Democrat would be THE story on the news for several consecutive days of talk about the Commie-Terrorist-Libs "treasonous" talk 'cuz these colors don't run, though our khakis often contain running earth-tones in the center.

But these aren't the good ol' days and Rick Perry is a self-described right-wing extremist.

No comments: