Tuesday, May 06, 2008

An Admission

The never-ending primary campaign has really made it tough to blog the last couple months.

I mean, though I'm an Obama supporter, truth be known, like the rest of those who post here, but we have tried not to be so heavy-handed about it that this place is uncomfortable for Clinton supporters to visit.

But avoiding the topic of the primary and constantly dancing around the periphery is a drag.

On the other hand, those blogs that have gone all in for one candidate or another have, in my opinion, often become unreadable. I suppose it would be different if the campaign was still inspiring, but it isn't, it's depressing. It's day after day of bullshit subjects, gotchas, and DLC talking points. It's being determined to lose with a tire-iron still being wielded upon the likely victor's kneecaps, then hoping you can convince the judges you should run because your opponent can no longer walk. Not surprising, but not exactly glorious.

I don't know what the balance is, and I think we've chosen the proper one, but it is getting wearying.

I suppose if blogging was my sole vocation it would be different, but the spare-time I devote to blogging is starting to have politics fuck with my mind more than usual.

I think I'm allergic to "horse-race" analysis and since that is all the broadcast media gives a shit about, I have come to loathe it with the heat of a million suns. I've also come to loathe some blogs...though I won't name names. Which is unfortunate.

So, I feel like I'm merely blogging for blogging purposes a lot lately, so I apologize if the posts aren't up to even my usual menial standards. Maybe others cannot tell the difference, but I can.

No comments: