Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Live-Blogging "Project Runway"

I am having a lot of trouble with my internet connection this evening, so if this live-blog goes dark midway through "PR" don't think that I've been taken out by an fabric-shears-wielding wanna be designer or something.

So I missed last week and just watched the re-run and was happy to see Keith, who like Daniel before him, has a crummy, whining attitude. So you worked hard and didn't get the recognition you deserved, welcome to the rest of the world's world. It happens to all of us. And if living in Utah is constraining, well, move!

And now that I've poured myself a fortifying glass of wine, onto the show.

(Whoa! MSNBC "Convention Update" before "PR". Oy. I love you, Keith Olberman, but I've extended my pundit blackout until the end of September. Get offa my TV!)

9:01: Ooo, Stella looking good in her rocker chick black bra (or is that a bikini top)?

9:03: I don't know that he qualifies as a "very special guest," but I do love Tim Gunn.

9:05: And here's Diane von Furstenberg looking chic and fab. A few weeks ago, my friend D told me he thought I'd look good in one of her wrap dresses. Note to self: find DvF wrap dress or (more likely) a reasonably priced facsimile thereof.

9:08: Does anyone besides me think that Kenley is the treacherous one among this group?

9:11: Oy vey, Suede is talking in the third person again. res is irritated that suede does this all the time.

9:12: Yo Joe! Do not diss Terri. You've had one really outstanding outfit and she's had at least three. I think she may go all the way.

(Commercial. I am officially sick of Sarah Palin.)

9:18: As Jerrell is speaking I realize that he may not even have been aware of Marlene Dietrich before this challenge. These people are young.

9:23: Joe's red and magenta combo -- kinda counterintuitive, but I saw this in (I think) a Gucci ad in Vogue the other day.

9:30: I'm a little worried about my girl Stella tonight. That vest does not look very DvF.

9:33: This is the week where the trash talking begins in earnest, huh? Even Leanne is trash talking people.

9:39: Hey! Heidi is finally wearing a skirt of age-appropriate length. And it looks great!

9:39: OMG! Where is my friend Nina Garcia? I have heard people at my hair salon gossping about Fern Malis and how horrid she is.

9:41: Terri delivers again, as does Leanne and Korto. I don't know what Blayne is wearing on is head, but his design is one of his better ones. Suede's skirt is sort of oddly shapped. There might be a bit too much Stella in Stella's Shanghai thing. Kenley's dress is nice, but I'm not sure she did the assignment.

9:42: Terri, Jerrell, Blayne... they've got to be in....and they are.

9:45: What the heck is Kenley wearing on her shoulders? Sort of droopy feather epaulets? I think she's going to get away with not doing the assignment.

9:45: Stella ... I'm scared. I knew DvF would not like the cape. Oy, "Dracula." Top American Designer Michael Kors™ says the crotch is "every woman's nightmare." Does this mean cameltoe? If that's the case, he should have excepted Laura Bush.

9:47: I knew they would not like the shape of Suede's skirt! I am learning here, people!

9:49: Something tells me that Joe or Stella is gone tonight.

(Commercial: I am still sick of Sarah Palin.)

9:56: Leanne wins again? Didn't she win last week? Kenley is pissed. Can't say I'm entirely sad about that. She was a little too confident.

9:57: So who has a better body of work to build on? Stella or Joe? I think the former, but we'll see what Heidi and company say.

9:58: Oh no! Stella goes home to Astoria! Bummer. I really think Joe was more inconsistent than Stella, but what do I know? Stella, if I decide to add some rock and roll bondage gear to my wardrobe, you're definitely going to be my go-to girl. In any case, you're cool as lightweight leathuh undulating in the breezes left in the wake of the summer's most dramatic thunderstorm, lady. xxx...

No comments: