Friday, September 05, 2008

Random Convention Thoughts

When did 'community organizer' become a racial epithet?  I know many coded words among the racist right but this is a new one for me.

When did the so-called 'religious' right decide that they loved John McCain more than Chimpy McWarinmypants?  Watching and listening to the GOPers convention was strange for me.  Cindy was presented as a warm and fuzzy teddy bear and McCheat was apparently beatified.  And elevated by the same people who stopped him dead in his tracks a few years ago.  Cognitive dissonance for me.

I have to agree with our own Atta J. Turk and others, McCain was blinking a lot and seemed sweaty to me.  Is he feeling alright?

When did the Republican party become concerned with women's equality?  That can't sit well with many of the religious extremists right? Shoot, the Baptist Convention has some strange policies about the role of the sexes.  How they going to mend bridges there?

Following up on the last thought... isn't this the same party that attacked Hillary Clinton for having a career?  What gives?  I welcome the move in recognizing a woman is a man's equal and just as capable, I am just not sure they believe it.

No comments: