Saturday, July 16, 2005

Ask Dr. Attaturk 7/16/05

Question No. 1:

I have to ask because it seems like there is a good possibility that Ari may be the traitor and Karl was just negligent. Ari left when? When was Plame’s info leaked? Bush can claim he actually took care of the problem, in this case, even though the timeline is way off since W made his firing claim well after Ari left but the press will be good for shuffling that under the rug. The conservative WH fluffers then make so much noise about how the press, liberals and democrats got it wrong and people get cowed into silence on Rove and he walks free.

So, I have to ask, am I an idiot? This would be so much easier if I just believed in that god ran America and freedom was on the march but I don’t even have a purple bandage.

Regards,

Back to the Bottle



Ah, I can see you are afflicted with Post-Progressive Era Stress Disorder, PESD. There has been much of this the last twenty-five years as the drum beat of liberals being out of ideas has become a mantra of the right.

But, buck up, the fact is that the progressives never ran out of good ideas, it is just that there was no need to have "new" ideas for policies that had essentially given America forty years of virtually uninterrupted prosperity and world economic, military, and idealistic dominance.

The Republicans "idea" was quite simple; that all that stuff is just awful, unless some people do unbelievably well at the expense of others. Oh, and gays are really bad, but not as bad as women and their sinful uteri!

So just go out there and fight.

Or drink a lot.

I'm doing the latter right now. Ah, everclear and paxil, how did I ever make it without you?

Question No. 2:

You are you so funny. I love your blog, it is one of the best out there.


Thanks Mom. But no, I am not interested in your Nigerian investments schemes.

No comments: