Sunday, April 15, 2007

Abu

Attaturk links below to Gonzalez's piece in today's WaPo in which he has never sounded more sure of himself, at least regarding the firing of the US attorneys. Shorter Abu: despite what the documentary record is, I know what moved me to make the decision I made, which I initially denied any involvement with, and nothing about my motives was improper. But what is really loathsome is how he trots out the constitution to conclude his feel good apology:

In part because of my own experience, I know the real strength of America. It lies in our Constitution, our people and our collective unyielding commitment to equal opportunity, equal justice, common decency and fairness. With this same commitment in my mind, I very much look forward to answering Congress's questions about this matter on Tuesday.


This, from one of the chief architects of the great unraveling of our constitution, the trampling of our liberties, and the intrusion of the government into all facets of our lives. All we can now hope is that the senators there to give him a grilling on Tuesday do so without mercy and a measure of the indifference with which he has treated his oath to uphold the laws of our nation.

No comments: