Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Thinking of Appeals

I think a lot about appeals; it's kinda related to what I do when I try to make a living. Now I'm not saying that is what I do for a living, just that it is tangentially related to what I do. And it got me thinking.

We know Bush didn't consult his father about invading Iraq (so we know the Bush men have obvious unresolved penis issues with their dad...that first time seeing him in the mens locker room at the Petroleum Club had to be shocking, watching the old man scratch his nuts while ordering his golf shoes shined to a high polish by the steward), deciding instead to appeal to a "higher father" according to bootlicker Bob Woodward. It brings back memories.

"According to Abbas, Bush said: 'God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them.'


How lucky are we to have a President that thinks a lot about appeals to the highest authority of all? Which all has me wondering, given the hubris these evil people have demonstrated of late, why they just didn't by-pass the federal court system entirely and just pass a law that allows Bush just to ask God what to do about Terry Schiavo?

No comments: