Sunday, October 16, 2005

Expensive Terlet Paper

I used to subscribe to the New York Times, used to get it every day. I didn't have the time to read it every day but thought it was a good source for news, so I would make time to catch up and read it even if the news was a day or two old (remember I live in fly-over country and was delivered the national edition). It was an expensive habit.

Eventually I did scale back to weekends only due mostly to time, then stopped subscribing altogether. I have been buying the Sunday edition at the grocery store. No more.

I will not pay $5 for the Sunday edition of a newspaper that has allowed itself to be a tool of the neocons...an evolution that began while Clinton was in office. Judith Miller sold her soul for access. Elisabeth Bumiller is scared to do more than puff pieces.

I will not support these so-called news organizations that do nothing more than parrot administration talking points. I know, I know--the NYT is not alone, but it is the biggest and will have to do without my loose change and the occasional 5-spot.

Fuck 'em.

No comments: