Wednesday, November 02, 2005

More fuckin' Depravity

I realize that sometimes the juxtaposition of my rants with my snark must give people whiplash, but at this moment I am just one pissed off blogger. Soon I'll put up some snark and it will seem horribly out of position to some of my other posts.

But the disgusting statements just keep rolling. Only Bush, Cheney, Rummy & the gang could make one feel sorry for religious extremists, but they manage it somehow -- about their only real success to my eyes. Rummy on those on hunger strikes at GITMO:
Asked about the motivation of the hunger strikers, Rumsfeld said: "Well, I suppose that what they're trying to do is to capture press attention, obviously, and they've succeeded.

"There are a number of people who go on a diet where they don't eat for a period and then go off of it at some point. And then they rotate and other people do that,"" he added.

US District Court Judge Gladys Kessler last week ordered the government to provide medical records on Guantanamo prisoners who are being force-fed and to notify their lawyers about forced feedings.

The judge said detainees' lawyers had presented "deeply troubling" allegations of US personnel violently shoving feeding tubes as thick as a finger through the men's noses and into their stomachs without anaesthesia or sedatives, with detainees vomiting blood as US personnel mocked them.


Yes, Rummy, they're just on the Southbeach Diet.

Asshole.

No comments: