Thursday, July 09, 2009

The Grifter

I don't know who started the Sarah Palin = Grifter equation -- maybe it was me, but I doubt it, though it seemed to easily waft into my posts as if I did (next up, putting a claim on all photoshopping). Maybe it was Watertiger or TBogg or even Josh Marshall. Whoever first came up with it latched onto the world's most obvious fact.

But it is nonetheless stupifying that we dirty fucking hippies (and to his credit, David Frum) are still required to call out the obvious reason for Palin's departure and it is....CA-CHING!

As I think a number of others have said, I've always thought Palin's character was essentially that of a grifter. And when these folks blow out of town after a con has run its course, it's usually a pretty hasty exit.


But Palin herself is sure she's 'Supply Side Jesus'.

No comments: