Friday, July 03, 2009

Let's hear it for unintentional humor!


Thers found this first, but this Bill Kristol protest of Todd Purham's Vanity Fair piece on Sarah Palin and Bill Kristol's need to take part in a daisy chain with Rich Lowry is a classic example of self-immolation:


Is there any real chance that "several" Alaskans independently told Purdum that they had consulted the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders? I don’t believe it for a moment. I’ve (for better or worse) moved in pretty well-educated circles in my life, and I’ve gone decades without “several” people telling me they had consulted the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.


Bill, if your circle was in the habit of consulting the DSM-IV, you'd never be able to leave the house because of the restraining orders. In fact, you might want to clue Krauthammer, the psychiatrist, to its existence because I'm pretty sure the guy hasn't read anything on the topic since Carl Jung (or was it Carl Hungus?) died.

(pic from Driftglass)

No comments: