Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Senator

Chuck Grassley, the Republican allegedly working for compromise by, well, not compromising on health care reform using such strategies as saying health care would kill anyone from Grandma to Ted Kennedy, is my Senator. It's not like I've voted for him, but I apologize anyway.

Oh Chuck is a guy who not only believes in gutting health care reform, he also demonstrated yesterday he believes in education the same way -- the Grassley way:

WASHINGTON-In an effort to promote early literacy in young children, Senator Chuck Grassley read The Very Hungry Caterpillar to a group of preschoolers in Washington, D.C. Grassley read the popular book by Eric Carle through the Jumpstart program’s Read for the Record.

“I enjoyed reading to the preschoolers. Their curiosity about the book was great to see,” Grassley said. “Literacy is very important."


Yes, literacy is important:

GrassleySkool

Have I apologized enough?

[cross-posted at Firedoglake]

No comments: