Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Proud to be a Republican

With ONLY limited, legally required, apologies to Lee Greenwood.


If tomorrow all the things were gone you’d worked for all your life,

You'd have to start again with workin' kids and wife.

You better thank your lucky stars to be still living here today,

‘Cause the GOP still stands for marching freedom and you have to play.




And I’m proud to be a Republican where at least the lies are free.

And I won’t address the men who died, who fought that lie for me.

And I’d gladly stand away from you and let you defend her happily.

‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this plan, God bless the G.O.P.


From the exurbs of Minnesota, to the born agains of Tennessee,

from the thrown switch in Texas, lets pee in the shining sea,

From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA,
Well, there’s the smell of an American shart,
and it’s time to stand and say:


I’m proud to be a Republican where if I'm rich its free.

And I won’t admit those who died, fightin' that lie for me.

And I’d gladly stand over here as you defend my crazy policy.


‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I fooled you chumps, God bless the G.O.P.

No comments: