Friday, October 14, 2005

Sometime in 2007

To "Folsom Prison Blues" -- Apologies to Johnny Cash (deep apologies):



I hear the guards a comin'
boots clackin' round the bend
and I ain't been a spinnin' since I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Federal prison, and time keeps draggin' on
but that train wrecks a rollin' down in Washington


When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
always be a good boy, don't ever get overspun.
But I lied 'bout a man named Wilson just to have men die
now every time I hear the poll numbers I hang my head and cry..

I know there's rich folks eating in a fancy dining car
they're probably drinkin' Cristal and smoking big cigars.
Well I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free
but those people keep a movin'
and like me loving torturin' Iraqis...

Well if they'd free me from this prison,
if the GOP again was mine
I bet I'd move just a little away from bein' a swine
far from Federal prison, that's where I want to stay
and I'd let that fat cat donor money blow my blues away.....

No comments: