Thursday, January 26, 2006

Those damn liberal bloggers

I sure hope that "Charcoal" Jim Brady and Lovey Howell have noticed that those uncivilized progressive bloggers are doing actual journalism while they pontificate about whatever the fuck it is that they are doing. I sure hope that doesn't qualify as "hate speech" under Mr. Brady's fragile constitution - I'd hate to have to remove it from my blog.

Glenn Greenwald deserves credit for this story which has now made it into major newspapers, and who knows may make it everywhere but FoxNews. Good for the Post (and Knight-Ridder and the L.A. Times too) for crediting Greenwald. I sure hope that Mr. Greenwald is actually getting some of that Soros money that I, and others, are allegedly getting according to Bill O'Reilly.

The Bush administration rejected a 2002 Senate proposal that would have made it easier for FBI agents to obtain surveillance warrants in terrorism cases, concluding that the system was working well and that it would likely be unconstitutional to lower the legal standard.

The proposed legislation by Sen. Mike DeWine (R-Ohio) would have allowed the FBI to obtain surveillance warrants for non-U.S. citizens if they had a "reasonable suspicion" they were connected to terrorism -- a lower standard than the "probable cause" requirement in the statute that governs the warrants.


That's quite a crimp in the old argument isn't it. They better whip out the Clenis to really blame for all this shit.

By the way, I went into Best Buy the other day to buy myself a bunch of electronic stuff (I needed that 61" Plasma for research) and told them to put it on Mr. Soros's tab. It turns out that Mr. Soros not only doesn't have a tab for progressive bloggers, but wouldn't even pay my bail money later that evening. It probably didn't help that Atta J. Turk doesn't have a social security number. Damned pseudonyms.

Harrumph!

No comments: