The truth is that political reconciliation in Iraq is going better there than it is here at home because of better security.
622 dead Iraqis in political violence this month and climbing. That's the equivalent of 6,000 Americans killed in political violence in one month. Deaths have spiked in February -- not that you've heard about it from the media.
1. I don't recall the Capital complex in D.C. being shelled the last 192 years. The Green Zone is shelled regularly.
2. I don't recall Canada invading us since the War of 1812, that's happening repeatedly on Iraq's Northern Border.
3. I don't recall all of us waiting with baited breath over whether Nancy Pelosi was going to call off a cease-fire.
4. I don't recall us paying off Protestants lately not to kill Catholics, as we're doing with Sunni insurgents.
5. I don't recall us being completely propped up by Mexicans lately (though Lou Dobbs may differ)
And those are just the first things that come to mind
Well, at least they don't have to falsely claim someone's a Muslim Lindsay so there's that.