Friday, April 23, 2010

It's the wankiest Holiday of the Year


Happy Krauthammer Day, as they inform me at Crooked Timber:

In the year of Our Lord (but not his -- no not that one, THIS ONE!) 2003 Ol' Blood & Nuts stated this:

Hans Blix had five months to find weapons. He found nothing. We’ve had five weeks. Come back to me in five months. If we haven’t found any, we will have a credibility problem.


Seven years later, to the day, Chuckles decides to write about baseball, like we might mistake him for George Will.

(pics from here and here)

5 comments:

Montag said...

A very short memory, normally something of concern, is a decided asset if one's ambition in life is to promote partisan ideology....

I fought the lawn. And the lawn won. said...

Hey, Hegemonians, on a completely unrelated topic, there is a fantastic new Argentinian movie just out which I saw last fall at the TIFF (Toronto Internation Film Festival), and I was delighted to see that it had this year's Oscar for best foreign film.

It's called "The Secret in Their Eyes" (El Secreto de Sus Ojos) and there is a four-star review of it which I just happened upon while today's Toronto Star online:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/movies/article/799724--masterful-macho-thriller-goes-beyond-a-cop-drama

If "The Secret in Their Eyes" comes to a theatre near you, I advise you not miss it--- and regrettably, I can't say that very often about most of the films that've been coming out lately.

Warning: it's in Spanish with English subtitles, which I personally don't mind at all, but I've been surprised to hear from many friends that they really, really dislike subtitles.

And ladies, I may not be the best judge of these things, but to these middle-aged white guy eyes, the fella who played the part of the detective in the film was even better looking than George Clooney...

-Privatize the Profits! Socialize the Costs!

pansypoo said...

IOKIYAR covers the wayback machine.

StonyPillow said...

Sorry, Charlie. Only the smartest tuna get to be Asskist®.

Anonymous said...

Like OJ, still looking?
Why bother..the Kraut still has his bully podium vox