Friday, March 01, 2013

CRIMINY!

1.   How stupid is this guy?

2.   Resignation by 5 p.m. TODAY!

Connecticut state Rep. Ernest Hewett (D) made an inappropriate remark to a 17 year old girl testifying about a program that helped her overcome her shyness and get over her fear of snakes, the New London Day reports.

Said the girl: "I am usually a very shy person, and now I am more outgoing. I was able to teach those children about certain things like snakes that we have and the turtles that we have... I want to do something toward that, working with children when I get older."

According to an audiotape of the hearing, Hewett replied: "If you're bashful I got a snake sitting under my desk here."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please. Molehill, meet mountain.

Listening to the recording, I don't think he meant it that way. Poorly chosen phrasing, sure - but creepy guy hitting on young girl - I don't think so.

Eric P

pansypoo said...

i assume he is catholic.

Elliott said...

He meant to say "If you are shy, then I have an acre of land in the Everglades."

no, really
http://goo.gl/Ijsrx

Anonymous said...

Why did he have to be a Democrat?

Resign. Now. Idiot.

Anonymous said...

Wow . . . just Wow. Can you say, 'poor impulse control?'

Yastreblyansky said...

Stupid would not be the word for somebody who chose a public state legislative committee hearing to try out Worst Pickup Lines I Saw on the Internet (http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/cheesiest-pick-up-lines.asp). You'd have to be someplace really odd on that autism spectrum. The word for somebody like Rep. Hewett who manages to sound as if he's doing that is innocent.