Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Tragedy becomes personal

He wished his death not to be used for political arguments, but I consider this simply a statement of fact.

A soldier who died for the vanity of another, from Hilzoy at Obsidian Wings:

Andrew Olmsted, who also posted here as G'Kar, was killed yesterday in Iraq. Andy gave me a post to publish in the event of his death; the last revisions to it were made in July.

Andy was a wonderful person: decent, honorable, generous, principled, courageous, sweet, and very funny. The world has a horrible hole in it that nothing can fill. I'm glad Andy -- generous as always -- wrote something for me to publish now, since I have no words at all. Beyond: Andy, I will miss you.

My thoughts are with his wife, his parents, and his brother and sister.

No comments: