Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Grifter


"Y'know it was the best of times and the awesome-ist of times on a dark and stormy night and you can call me Ishmael."


So, I predict, will begin the next great contribution to our nation's remainder bins.


Gov. Sarah Palin has signed a book deal with HarperCollins Publishers for what is described as her memoir...The book is to be published sometime in the spring of 2010. Palin will have a collaborator, who is expected to be chosen soon.


Which member of Greta Van Susteren's family will it be I wonder?


News reports this winter suggested Palin was pursuing an $11 million advance. She called that figure "laughable" in January but has never provided another.


I bet she got more than Bush did.

You know the book will be a "special" book written for "special people" receiving a "special education".


"Being a voracious reader, I read a lot today and have read a lot growing up. And having that journalism degree, all of that, will be a great assistance for me in writing this book, talking about the challenges and the joys, balancing the work and parenting, and, in my case, work means running the state. I've read a variety of books, and that helps shape my opinions and my views."


Will she be wearing Coulter's black cocktail dress on the book-jacket?

(via Wonkette)

[cross-posted at Firedoglake]

No comments: