Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And FoxNews will go "la la la"

Never to be mentioned when Cheney or Spawn start describing the delights of torturing people.

December 2007:


It was BIG NEWS THEN

Then, April 2009 comes along:
U.S. Government documents released in April 2009 indicate that Kiriakou's account that Abu Zubaydah broke after only one water boarding session was incorrect. According to a footnote in newly released, previously classified "Top Secret" memos, the CIA used the water board "at least 83 times during August 2002 in the interrogation of Zubaydah."

Following the release of the documents, Kiriakou said: "When I spoke to ABC News in December 2007 I was aware of Abu Zubaydah being water boarded on one occasion. It was after this one occasion that he revealed information related to a planned terrorist attack. As I said in the original interview, my information was second-hand. I never participated in the use of enhanced techniques on Abu Zubaydah or on any other prisoner, nor did I witness the use of such techniques."


Rather quietly reported at the time -- and when Cheney & spawn have been on news shows since, they have never been confronted with this -- one cannot be impolite with a Republican by questioning their bullshit apparently.

And now TODAY:

Now comes John Kiriakou, again, with a wholly different story. On the next-to-last page of a new memoir, The Reluctant Spy: My Secret Life in the CIA's War on Terror (written with Michael Ruby), Kiriakou now rather off handedly admits that he basically made it all up.

"What I told Brian Ross in late 2007 was wrong on a couple counts," he writes. "I suggested that Abu Zubaydah had lasted only thirty or thirty-five seconds during his waterboarding before he begged his interrogators to stop; after that, I said he opened up and gave the agency actionable intelligence."

But never mind, he says now.

"I wasn't there when the interrogation took place; instead, I relied on what I'd heard and read inside the agency at the time."


And Brian Ross -- not for the first time -- gets caught tossing out complete and utter bullshit that justifies a war crime.

And the Cheney's will NEVER be challenged.

No comments: