Tuesday, October 26, 2004

An Email

To:(Daniel Okrent) public@nytimes.com

From: (Attaturk) attaturk2004@yahoo.com

Date: 10/26/2004

Re: David Brooks


Dear Mr. Okrent,

Might I suggest a drug screen for Mr. Brooks?

My understanding of New York's drug testing policy is that it is justified when there is a reasonable suspicion that an employee is under the influence of drugs. A review of Mr. Brooks newest column I believe, makes it highly probable that he is using some sort of narcotic, probably a variety of mushroom.

It's possible he is having a nervous breakdown, of course, and I want to be sensitive to the needs of his family, but in any case, please keep Mr. Brooks away from heavy machinery and/or word processing equipment.

Thank you for your time. And feel free to give my name to the public at large, should you feel craven and vindictive.

Yours in Baal.

Attaturk.

No comments: