Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Non-Reality Based Stupidity

Pat "I blame the Gays too Jerry" Robertson loves Bush. Of course, all those offended by Kerry's mention of Mary Cheney don't bother to condemn Robertson and Falwell.

But when the stupid meet the stupid sometimes amazing truths come out.
The founder of the U.S. Christian Coalition said Tuesday he told President George W. Bush before the invasion of Iraq that he should prepare Americans for the likelihood of casualties, but the president told him, "We're not going to have any casualties."

Pat Robertson, an ardent Bush supporter, said he had that conversation with the president in Nashville, Tennessee, before the March 2003 invasion. He described Bush in the meeting as "the most self-assured man I've ever met in my life."

"You remember Mark Twain said, 'He looks like a contented Christian with four aces.' I mean he was just sitting there like, 'I'm on top of the world,' " Robertson said on the CNN show, "Paula Zahn Now."

"And I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, 'Mr. President, you had better prepare the American people for casualties.' "

Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."


How f-ing stupid can one person be?

How accurate is Ron Suskind's piece in the NY Times?

How much can the fact that one avoided seeing an actual war lead one to stupid judgments?

How can any individual think this guy should be re-selected?

No comments: