Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Apologies to the Cash Estate



Well, you wonder why I'm here dressed in black,
Why you never see the weight of war upon my back,
And why does my appearance seem to have a fetid tone.
Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on.

I wear the black for the rich and the pampered dude,
Livin' with gated-community, FoxNews attitude,
I wear it for the lawyer who has double-billed his time,
Defending Republicans who have committed crimes.

I wear it for ones who cannot have ever read,
So they rely on what others state that Jesus said,
About the road to happiness through hate and vanity,
Why, you'd think Jesus should sub for O'Reilly.

Well, we're doin' mighty fine, I do suppose,
Never mind the shitty jobs and lousy polls,
But just so we're reminded of the ones who are held back,
Let's keep New Orleans from goin' back to bein' Black.

I wear it for the lonely bloggin' freeper nerd,
For the reckless ones whose kerning led the herd,
I wear the black in 'preciation for lives that could have been,
For fightin' my wars that never ever will end.

And I wear it for the thousands who have died,
Knowin' as I do that the Lord is on MY side,
I wear it for another hundred thousand who have died,
Welcoming us as liberators with candy tossin' pride.

Well, there's things that never will be right I know,
And my pants need changin' everywhere I go,
But 'til you make a move to set Dick Cheney to flight,
You'll never see me surrounding by non-whites.

Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that I'm actually quite gay,
But I'll try to push my memes to pundits and hacks,
And for this photo op, I'm the ASS In Black.

No comments: