Friday, December 10, 2004

Bill O'Reilly, Fal-awful

Fresh from communicating his, um, active fantasy life, Bill O'Reilly feels the need to reveal that soft and cuddly anti-semetic side.

O'Reilly likes Jews, as long as they are not all "jewey" and stuff:

On his December 9 radio show, in response to a Jewish caller who explained that he "Christmas caroled [as a child] and it didn't bother me because I knew I was Jewish," O'Reilly declared: "You know, 99 percent of Jewish Americans are just like you. You know, and that's why the shame of this Anti-Defamation League -- they're just nuts." He added that Barbara Streisand, who is Jewish, sings Christmas carols well:

O'REILLY: And, here's the capper. Who's got one of the biggest-selling Christmas albums in history? Barbara Streisand! Barbara Streisand has made gazillions singing Christmas songs. And she sings 'em really well.

O'Reilly blasted Media Matters and the ADL throughout the December 9 radio broadcast:

O'REILLY: You have a defamation pipeline that starts in the Internet. So, every day The Radio Factor's on the air, we have these creeps -- and they really are the most vile, despicable human beings in the country -- who listen to every word of the program. And then they try to feed stuff out to the mainstream media to discredit me. I mean that's what they do every single day of the year, they do this. So, last Friday we had a caller. We were talkin' about the Christmas being discussed in schools and in the public arena -- and I'm gonna play you the call in a moment.

So, one of these far left websites taped it and they sent it to the Anti-Defamation League, which is an extremist group that finds offense in pretty much everything. Abraham Foxman is the national director. These are the people who accused anybody of liking The Passion of the Christ as anti-Semitic.

[...]

So, well you're gettin' the game here. You criticize anybody, you challenge anybody, then you are a bigot. And that's the -- that's why nobody does it. That's why nobody sticks up for Christmas except me. Did Peter Jennings stick up for Christmas last night? I don't believe he did. How about Brian Williams, did he? Did Rather stick up for Christmas? How about Jim Lehrer -- did he? Did Larry King -- hello -- I love Christmas -- did he? No.

All right. And the reason they don't is because of this. So, we are not intimidated. We know how dishonest and disgraceful the defamation pipeline is. And now we wanna hear from you. 1-877-9NO-SPIN. And believe me, I'm not portraying myself as a victim here. I am not doing that. I am attacking these people for being the worst element in American society.

Lemme repeat that. The left-wing websites who are responsible for all of this kind of stuff, and the journalists in the newspapers who print it without any context -- are the worst element -- non-criminal element in the country. The worst. All right? They undermine freedom of speech. They undermine all fair play. They are despicable, vile human beings -- ankle biters. So, I'm no victim 'cause I got a forum and I can give it right back to 'em.


No comments: