Monday, September 19, 2005

Socialization skills are a product of genetics and environment

I can certainly see how Jonah lacks basic social skills:

LA [Jonah Goldberg]
So at this party at Rob Long's house, I met Harry Shearer of Simpsons fame . We didn't chat much, but -- his politics notwithstanding -- he seemed like a good guy. I feel bad though because we'd been talking about Christopher Guest and I made a reference to A Mighty Wind which I think went right past him. I made some sort of joke about how I thought his skin would be better (recall in Mighty Wind Shearer is obsessive about his skin tone and whatnot). I think he thought I was being serious and he felt at his face. Before I could explain, we got interrupted.
Posted at 10:06 AM


You know what can give you the self-respect necessary to handle many social situations?

Joining the Military.

No comments: