Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ungracious Blob

Guess what K-Lo, when you are buried (in the freight car they'll call a casket)...nobody will be there.

Nobody.
IS THERE NO LEARNING CURVE IN POLITICS? [Kathryn Jean Lopez]
I'm catching a little more of the Rosa Parks funeral on CSPAN right now while I am supposed to be meeting deadlines. I'm trying to get beyond Louis Farakhan prominently in the audience, sitting next to Al Sharpton (his name always should be followed by "Remember Freddie's Fashion Mart?"). I'm trying to get beyond Nancy Pelosi. Hillary Clinton. John Kerry. But then I hear John Kerry do a commercial for affirmative action, tying a current unjust public policy to her quite just bus action. A veiled reference to women having underclass issues here. A veiled reference to blacks who were shut out from voting (OR I MIGHT BE PRESIDENT!--I'm adding this) there. Bill Clinton had to cut out early to make sure New Yorkers get health care....maybe I need to watch the whole thing, but what I have seen has felt a little....Wellstone funeral-like.
Posted at 07:08 PM


Again, let me emphasize (because if you don't want to be humorous, why not be starkly accurate & cruel).

Nobody.

No comments: