Monday, July 10, 2006

While everyone was panicking (or laughing) about North Korea's floppy dong

India was test firing (and failing at present) it's own long-range missile.

If it was me, I'd call it the "VINDALOO", but sadly it probably isn't all that funny.

India has shrugged off the unsuccessful maiden test of its ambitious nuclear-capable long-range missile, as red-faced defence scientists began trying to work out what went wrong.

"For the launching of missiles like Agni this kind of problem is not unusual and there is nothing to worry about it," Defence Minister Pranab Mukherjee was quoted as saying by the United News of India news agency on Monday.

The Agni-III missile, which defence sources say has a range of 4,000 kilometres (2,480 miles), developed problems after a successful take-off Sunday from a site off India's east coast


I'm uncomfortable laying odds both because, I'm no Bill Bennett, and because who wants to bet on where a nuclear holocaust is going to happen? Nevertheless, I'd be more worried about the destabilizing of India having an ICBM than I would North Korea.

But nonethless, this is what we got all those Indian Mangos for.

No comments: