Saturday, November 03, 2007

Bada & Bing: Failure of Nerve


“I believe that the skill I have developed better than any other was surrounding myself with great people...”

“Too many leaders overlook candidates with unusual résumés because of a failure of nerve...By the time I appointed Bernie Kerik, I had hired so many people that I was immune to such criticisms.”

--Rudy Guiliani, Leadership (2002 - Hyperion)

The NYT examines the close personal friendship of Rudy and his mobbed up driver/police chief/partner and the guy he recommended to run "Homeland" Security nominee. Turns out Rudy's a big liar (shock).

Oh, for more on this, please don't miss pretty much everything ever written about Rudy by the Village Voice's Wayne Barrett. You think Mukasey is Bush's guy? Think again. This is about Rudy.

P.S. Curious that the NYT chose to put this little expose in the Saturday news dump, huh? I mean, Rudy's the Republican frontrunner, right? And this is news, right?

No comments: