Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Really?

There's nothing I despise more than blowhards just bullshitting because they can -- without consequence -- and then pretending they are laying it "all on the line". And nobody does this more -- and more stupidly -- than Jim Cramer discussing unemployment with Chris Matthews (oh, so sad I missed this while it was happening):

I think we are at the peak or within .1 [of the peak]. We are not going to breach 10%. I have my neck on the line on that.


Really, you have your neck on the line?

If it breaks 10% will you be fired? Because, I have a feeling you don't even know that's what that figure means (being a TV financial guy and all).

Is this a promise you will string yourself up if it crosses 10%?

I bet all you'll do is move on and just cheer on the stock market like the glorified aluminum-siding salesman you are (my apologies to actual aluminum siding salespeople).

No comments: